What a fun day we had yesterday! I was invited to do a cooking demo at the local farmers market. Many people stopped by at my booth to taste the spring rolls with cashew & lime sauce, all ingredients except rice paper and soy sauce right from the market. I was nervous about doing a demo in public as public speaking is not my forte. However, people were so kind, curious, and friendly! I got to talk about my passion fresh food, cooking, and health coaching!
Thank you so much for everyone who stopped by. If you did not get to come, here is the spring roll recipe you can try at home. The cashew & lime sauce was a huge hit! You can substitute cashew butter with creamy, unsalted peanut butter, and honey with maple syrup, if you like. Enjoy!
Fresh Spring Roll with Cashew & Lime Sauce
1 Carrots, peeled and cut into long matchsticks or into smaller shred
1 red pepper, cut into long matchsticks
1 cucumber, cut into long match sticks
Lettuce (green, red, or Romaine works well)
Sprigs of cilantro
Round Rice Sheets
For Cashew & Lime Sauce:
Juice from 1 lime
3 tbsp cashew butter
3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp soy sauce (tamari if gluten free)
1 clove or garlic, grated
1/2 tsp grated ginger
- Chop all the veggies and set aside
- Boil water and pour into a shallow dish or pie plate.
- One at a time, soak rice sheet into hot-warm water to soften.
- Lay a softened rice sheet on a towel covered surface.
- Place cut lettuce, and other cut vegetables, and a few sprigs of cilantro on the rice sheet.
- Roll the rice sheet, tucking in the sides of the rice sheet.
To Make Cashew & Lime Sauce:
- In a small sauce pan, mix all ingredients and heat on low.
- Whisk well and simmer for a couple of minutes until the mixture thickens.
Subscribe to my mailing list!